12.04.2014

Marsala Me Crazy: Pantone's 2015 Color of the Year

Nothing says 2015, the year of the sheep (in case you were wondering), like the earthy, reddish-brown hues of Marsala, Pantone's next Color of the Year.

I'm not going to lie - I keep going back and forth with this color. In theory, I love this color. I love wine-red colors, the quintessential blend of reds and purples. Marsala, however, is part red, part purple, and part brown. It's the brown that's not sitting with me. I've never been much a fan of brown. 

Maybe I'm just biased. And one should not be biased, so off I went in search of Marsala-esque things*: 

via Steven Miller Design Studio / Houzz
via Steven Miller Design Studio / Houzz
via Island Architects / Houzz
*I'm going to be honest here... it took me a good chunk of time to find examples that a) more or less featured a Marsala-like color and b) I liked. 

This all being said, the color was just announced yesterday. It will be interesting to do a follow up post, in say six-months to a year, to see what designs and products are sparked into existence because of Marsala. Plus, check out these sample color palettes Pantone offered. I must say, I looooooooove option #7:

via Pantone
_________

What do you think of Marsala? Yay? Nay? Eh?

- LG

No comments:

Post a Comment