11.18.2014

Design-spiration: Why so Grey?

I've been in a pretty grey mood lately. Work has been stressing me out. The weather has taken a turn for the worse. My man has seemingly disappeared into the universe. And because dwelling is what I do, I decided to at least spin it into something useful: talking (writing?) about the use of grey in decor.

So, my friends, let's have a look see:

via de zeen
* #FeltonFeltonFelt. This space was designed for the first flagship store of Viktor & Rolf, which opened last year in Paris, and is comprised of lots and lots of (wait for it) felt. 

via One Kind Design
* Because who doesn't love a giant soaking tub?

via Architectural Digest - 25 Shades of Grey
* In all honesty, I find the carpeting in this room to be a bit much. Because of the texturing of the walls, however, they couldn't have really used grey tile. Perhaps black / dark dark grey tile? Loving the chandelier!

via Createcph
*Normally, I love color, even just pops of color to brighten up an otherwise boring space. But this monochromatic grey color palette is really doing it for me right now. I love how even the rug, which is fairly neutral for an oriental rug, works with the whole color scheme. 

via Interior Design
*Minimalistic. Monochromatic. Great ceilings. 

via Architectural Digest - 25 Shades of Grey
*Oops, some color snuck in with this one. But really, for this space, what got me was the walls. Is that concrete?? Love it! Industrial chic.

(Editor's note: It is, in fact, concrete.  Plank-molded concrete, to be exact.)

_________________________

Are you a fan of grey in interior design? Which space do you love the most? 

-LG

2 comments:

  1. I saw you on Design Post Interiors so I thought I'd come on over and say, hi. I like how you turned your grey mood into design inspiration. I do that, too which explains all the hours I spend on Pinterest. I love the rooms, by the way. I think I like the two living rooms the best. Have a wonderful day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by (and for leaving my first ever comment!). Pinterest will definitely be the death of me. I also spend hours on end trolling for fun ideas (from design to fashion to food)!

      Apologies for taking forever and a day to reply! I hope you have the happiest of holiday seasons!

      Delete