7.16.2015

Design I: Black and White Design [Course Projects]

Woah - in the blink of an eye, it seems that I'm suddenly halfway through my FOURTH week of grad school. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN??!

The past few months - as noted by my lack of blogging - have been a complete whirlwind. I left Chicago, moved to Philadelphia, started at Drexel; and now, here I am with one three-week course already under my belt. Coming from a non-creative background, Drexel requires that I take three, intensive (but super shortened) design courses. The first, Black and White design, covered (wait for it) the use of BLACKs, WHITEs and the unlimited number of values in-between in varying compositions.

Here's a quick glimpse at some of the projects over the past few weeks:




9-Step Magazine Collage (Copied in Black n White)
Altered with mixed materials

1) Black, White and Value Transparencies 2) 16-Step Rotating Titles
3) 64-Panel Black, White and Value Design
4-5) Black and White Sequences
I promise - more on everything to come! 

________

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment