7.29.2015

Looks I Love // Cement and Concrete

Note: This is an older post that I've apparently been hoarding for a good couple months... 

I've been loving the look of cement lately. I think that it definitely can be used to create a polished look in a very raw way. My fascination, I suppose, started with this DIY I stumbled upon from A Beautiful Mess. (I. Love. It. And fully intend on making my own once I get situated post-move.) From there, everywhere I look cement details have been catching my eye!

The culprit:

DIY Lightweight Cement Side Tables // A Beautiful Mess
From there, I kept noticing concrete elements on a larger scale in interiors. From the home itself to bathrooms and stairwells to wall tiles (LOVE the wall tiles). Here's a snapshot of a few different looks that caught my eye:


1 // Fourfoursixsix uses aerated concrete for family residence on the Stockholm Archipelago [Dezeen - Link]
2 // Caso do Conto [iGNANT.de - Link]
3 // Glass, quartz, wood ... Surprise in the bathroom finishes (Translated) [Casa.com.br - Link]
4 // Plank-Form Concrete Backsplash, Apron Farmer's Sink + Built-in Draining Board [Houzz - Link]
5 // House in Kashiwa / Yamazaki Kentaro Design Workshop [ArchDaily - Link]
6 // Edgy Tiles [Link]

_______

What do you think - love it or hate it?!

- LG

No comments:

Post a Comment