8.02.2015

Sunday Sketches // Kustom Armchair [Bark Furniture]

I've decided to start up a new blog series to be called "Sunday Sketches." If the title leads you believe I'll be posting something involving Sundays and Sketches, you've got it! Not to mention, I really just like alliterations too!

Each week (psst, on Sundays), I'll be sharing a new hand rendering of an actual furniture piece I've seen online, in person or in print. With each sketch, I'll provide some additional background information on the piece as well (dimensions, designer, etc) so that we all can stay informed (and use it in the future if need be!).

"Why," you ask? Well, one of the areas that I feel I need to really grow on (mind you, I really need to grow on ALL of it - I am only five weeks in...) is my hand rendering skills. We may be well into the 21st century, but it seems to me that you can never really go wrong with a good, old-fashioned hand sketch. Because sometimes, in order to be good applying your ideas to the computer, you have to be good applying your ideas to paper too.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself for now. At any rate, I would like to challenge myself artistically as well as broaden my mental collection of furniture pieces to possibly use in upcoming projects. Depending on timing, I may or may not color the piece (by hand or with Photoshop).

Kustom Armchair // Bark Furniture

Kustom Armchair - Lowback [Link]

The Kustom Armchair is fully upholstered with solid black walnut arms, in leather or a fabric upholstery. This club chair style would suit a reception area, hotel foyet, club or bar, as well as being a stylish addition to any home.

Width: 83cm • Depth: 90cm • Height: 74cm • Seat height: 44cm

Made in Bude, north Cornwall 

_____

Like it? Love it? Hate it?

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment