11.05.2014

Client Zero, A Bathroom Remodel

Well, kind of. You see, it's my mother so I'm not really sure if that counts in the grand scheme of things. For now, though, it very much counts.

I mentioned in my last post that my mother FINALLY got the master bath of her dreams. Though she's blissfully on Cloud Nine each morning, guests (like my brother and I) are forced to do our morning prep in the main bathroom. It's not the poshest of spaces.

My mother was planning on re-doing the guest / main bath over the fall, but had to rearrange her remodel schedule to fit unexpected plans. So, other than tiles for the shower, she hasn't quite got the entire space figured out, and that's where I'm so happily stepping in. This is technically MY bathroom, after all.

{Fast forward thirty minutes}

I was hoping to put together a sample board for everyone to see, but it seems that I'm very much still concept-ing my vision (yes, I make up words). While I work on that, I thought I might leave you with at least a general idea:

Tiles Picked Out By Mommy Dearest

Our floors throughout the entire house are large, tan tiles (similar in color to that small tile at the bottom of the photo). I like the neutral look, but for the bathroom, I really want the colors in the accent tiles to POP!

  • Black / Dark stained cabinets
  • Purple pulls
  • Mounting framed mirror / framing portions of the main mirror (length of room)
    • As seen here (Houzz - LORRAINE G. VALE, Interior Design), here (Houzz - Tom Stringer) or here (Tiffany Leigh Interior Design)
  • This metallic garden stool
  • Updated hardware and frameless glass screen for the bathtub
  • Sophisticated. Modern. Spa.

_______________________________________

What's in your dream bathroom?

- LG


1 comment:

  1. Of course it counts if it's your mother- counts more than any other person ever could. If your mother doesn't like it she's going to tell you- over and over and over again for the rest of your life! I'm sure it will work out brilliantly and the pleasure of doing such a nice thing for her must be huge.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete