11.07.2014

Radiant Orchid's Final Days as 2014 Color of the Year

There are fifty-four days left in 2014. Fifty. Four. Days. (What in the world happened to this year? ... Seriously, what happened?). Unfortunately for Radiant Orchard, Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year, this means there are only fifty-four days left to make its mark on the world before a new color takes its place as the reigning color (oooh, so dramatic!)

In honor of this purplish hue and its last fifty-four days, I used my new best friend - Olioboard - to put together a farewell montage...

RIP Radiant Orchid 2014
Purple / Yellow (Gold) Complimentary Color Scheme
Bedroom
The best part of this entire space.... All of the items were from the sale section. Get it?! Radiant Orchid's final months as Color of the Year, and I only used marked down items. LOLOL - gets me every time*.

If you haven't ever used Olioboard, I strongly suggest that you do! Up until today, I kept thinking that everyone slaved through the process of compiling everything in Photoshop. Er.... this is SO MUCH EASER. Not only is it easy peasy for laying out things spacially, but it's also a huge database of furniture and decor in one place (searchable by color, keyword or category)!!

*Please note: I'm beyond tired, yet I CAN'T put my computer away!

__________________

As 2014 comes to an end, any guesses as to what the 2015 Color of Year will be?

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment